This is what content before the recipe will look like.
Recipe Plugin Test
Author: Megan Page
Butternut squash and kale surrounded in melty jack-cheesy goodness and held together by two crispy flour tortillas. This, my friends, is what I call pure perfection. I’m pretty sure I could eat this seven days a week. So many different flavors and textures…you’ll be fist pumping and raising the roof from first bite to last.
- Whole Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder, divided
- 1 bunch Kale, Stalks Removed
- 8 Small Flour Tortillas
- 2½ cups grated Monterey Jack
- In two large skillets, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add squash, in each pan sprinkle ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Sauté for around 15 minutes or until tender and nicely browned
- At 15 minutes, I had the brown color I was looking for but it was not as tender as I wanted it to be…SO…I added a healthy splash of water to each pan and covered for 5 minutes. Worked like a charm.
- Remove squash from pans, add Kale (stems removed) cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted yet still slightly firm
- Mix squash into the kale mixture.
- In a separate skillet, melt additional butter and brown both sides of 8 tortillas
- Top a toasted tortillas cheese, add a heap of your veggies and top with more cheese (layering this way will keep your quesadilla together).
- Serve your butternut squash & kale quesadilla with a mixture of sour cream and salsa and ENJOY!