What is it with online window shopping and pinning on Pinterest that makes me feel good? I do admit after getting caught up pinning or perusing for far longer than I intend, I’m occasionally left feeling sad at the state of my own closet or decor. But more often than not I feel like I just accomplished a little something in planning my style, home, future travel adventures, you name it! I’m left feeling like your average Holley Golightly. With that said, here is a list of my current cravings for summer.
- I’m craving watermelon and I’m not even pregnant! (FYI I craved watermelon like it was nobody’s business when I was preggers) It’s just my summer go-to fruit. You can do so much with it; put it in salads, blend it up and make a watermelon smoothy or margarita, or even make watermelon soup.
- Last summer I jumped on the BB Cream train and I’m thankful I did because that stuff worked. So this summer I’m craving to try the CC Cream by Supergoop. It packs a powerful combination of correcting cream and Broad Spectrum SPF 35. Keeping the wrinkles and sunspots away . . . sign me up! Available at Nordstrom.
- The headband turban has been a trend I’ve wanted to try for a while now but just haven’t had the guts too. Life’s too short to not wear cool hair accessories so I am going to wear this bad boy with my head held high this summer because it’s practical on hot sweaty days, when running or exercising, and it just might increase my cool factor. Style and function, ya got to love that combo. The L. Erickson Turban Head Wrap is available at Nordstrom.
- I love ocean waves and beach hair waves and since I have short hair this look is ideal when I don’t feel like blowdrying and styling my short mane. It’s pretty simple, let your hair air dry and then spritz a little sea salt spray all over while you scrunch and twist your hair into that messy beach look. I like Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray which can be bought at Sephora.
- “Good things are going to happen,” I’m all about this kind of mindset! I would love to have this Michael Mullan print hanging in my home to remind me of my summer mantra.
- When I’m not at work, counseling others and trying to look credible, my summer uniform consists of workout clothes or cut off jean shorts and a tank or t-shirt. These beautiful triangle tiered drop earrings from hautelook.com are perfect for work and classin’ up my everyday summer outfits.
- I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but come on, this book just make me want to host an intimate gathering of friends to linger with our wine and good conversation immediately! Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes by Shauna Niequist.
- Ah the classic Saltwater Sandal, it’s not just for children anymore. I am drawn to its nostalgia and simple look, and its complete adorableness on babies and toddlers. I’m craving a black pair for myself and my 1-year-old son. I actually think it would be kind of cute to match him wearing our Saltwater’s together . . . although he might not think so when he’s older.
- Lastly, I absolutely adore this bra from Unit-Y ‘Be Nimble’ from Nordstrom. It’s such a great idea to sport a bra like this when wearing tank tops and summer dresses and not care who sees it cause it’s pretty and sweet.
Thanks for checking out my current cravings.
What are some of your current cravings and summer staples?