Hey, Friends. Good news, I have just the thing to help you over the midweek hump! Is it just me or is this week drrraaaaaging by?? Ugh.
So I’m setting my sights to 5 o’clock and looking forward to unwinding with this berrylicious beverage. Calgon’s got nuthin’ on this beauty. Its minty, bubbly, blackberry-ness is sure to make you smile from ear to ear.
Added bonus, blackberries are in peak season and the stores are practically giving them away! There’s not much prep work involved here. Once you have the puree made, you’re set.
Simply blend together 16 ounces of blackberries with 2 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar in a food processor.
Something tells me my shirtless sous chef was happy to help.
Press the puree through a strainer with a spatula or wooden spoon to remove seeds and you’re done! Your going to flip over this stuff, it so darn good. Its actually my favorite way to enjoy blackberries and there are plenty of other ways to use the puree outside of this cocktail:
- You could drizzle a little (or a lot) over vanilla ice cream.
- Add a little lime juice and pour into an ice cube tray. Insert a toothpick to each cube and freeze. Viola, homemade blackberry popsicles!
- Fold into some whipped cream and add an assortment of berries to the mix…yuuuuuuuum!
Make it. Drink it. Be happy. Here’s to the weekend, ya’ll!
Recipe, adapted from here, serves 4.
- 16 ounces blackberries, plus more for garnishing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2-3 limes
- 8 ounces gin
- 20 mint leaves, torn, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup seltzer
- Put 1/3 cup puree, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 ounces gin, and 5 torn mint leaves into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake until cold.
- Pour into two 8-ounce glasses, and add 1/4 cup seltzer to each.
- Garnish with berries and mint sprigs.
What summer cocktails make you smile? Happy sipping!