Wanna know a secret?
These zucchini parmesan crisps are ACTUALLY GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!
I know, they had me fooled, too. Little tricksters.
They’re just as good as any fried version I’ve tried, and at only 105 calories per serving you can go crazy on these things totally guilt free.
Can I get a what what?!!?
The list of ingredients is short and sweet, so gather up your goods and lets get going!
Slice your zucchini into 1/4″ inch think rounds.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over top and stir to coat.
Dredge zucchini in the bread crumb, parmesan and s&p mixture.
Place on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet and pop in a 450 degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Serves 4. Recipe from here.
- Cooking spray or Parchment Paper
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, panko or traditional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.